Sunday, August 10, 2014

4 Months Old - What a Big Girl!!!!

Sooooo..... I created this blog, what?, 2 months ago?, and haven't found the time to post anything - which has been driving me nuts!  Part of it is the overwhelming feeling of being so far behind and needing to back up and fill in what I've missed.  Part of it is just not finding time.  So I've decided to just go for it, and decided  that this would be a good time as we've had a busy week. And I'll back-fill when I back-fill.   So check back, and look back (if you so desire).

A WARNING to start .... I decided to use this blog and not just facebook so I could post pics uninhibited without overwhelming my Facebook community.  Grandma just left 2 weeks ago - and she needs to see how much little MEL has already grown and changed!  So here goes.......

Morgan turned 4 months old last Saturday.  My how time has flown!  For her birthday, we went out towards the coast for a girls weekend (well, it maybe wasn't FOR Morgan's birthday, but happened to fall on it).  We drove out Friday evening and stayed in the camper on the property:


The property is on the Siletz river, with a dock, and is beautiful! Morgan loves the outdoors and loved checking out all the plants around the property.  I would reach out and touch the flowers and leaves, then she would do the same!  Our little explorer.







GeeMa and Grandpa Whiskers (our new name  for Scott because of this beard) both helped out with Morgan a couple days.  We ran out and got this little swing off craigslist to help out - she seems to really like it! But she looks like 2 different babies in these pictures - taken just a couple days apart from each other.





Morgan had her 4 month appointment on Tuesday.  She has grown so much and is quickly working her way up the percentile charts.
 

Weight:  15lbs, 1 oz - 67th percentile
             (up from 23rd at 2mo, 3rd at 2 weeks, and 16th at birth)

Length:  24 3/4 inches - 61st percentile
             (up from 33rd, 5th, and 13th)

Head:  16.5 inches - 83rd percentile
            (up from 69th, 40th and 61st)

Yeah- her head's on the big size, but she's growing into it!









Wednesday, we started day care.  Morgan seems like she's going to be okay there .... she might even like it.  The infant 'instructors' are really nice and like baby whisperers, and I think Morgan likes to watch the older kids play.  I didn't get any pictures there, but this is how she came home on Thursday.  It must get CRAZY there!!! ;)



and here's just a cute one in the bath :), and a look back to show how much she's grown!!!


First bath 4/27 (we waited 25 days to bathe her??)

No comments:

Post a Comment