It has been a cold and snowy winter. Started out with snow and ice in early December! The ice can be kind of pretty, which I was trying to capture below, but got the new snarl that M has taken to. There's another snarl inside, too :):
We went and got the tree early this year so we could enjoy it around the house for longer. We went to the same overgrown "tree farm" that we went to last year and got a $10 Noble - can't beat that! I love this pic of her in the snow - with her Frozen Elsa dress and her sideways gaze. The snippit is almost creepy.
Cutting the tree (cute snipit). With overgrown trees, you just cut where you want to.
And a pic with Mom :).
A little pizza before decorating. These two are so cute together.
And then decorating ....
She eventually figured it out and we ended up with a beautiful tree. Best so far!
We bought a doll for my work's gift exchange. A cute "American Girl" imposter with native-like dress. M wanted it for herself sooooo bad, but I explained to her what it was for and she helped me drop it off at work "for a little girl." So cute.
M & I went to my work party where she got a present from you know who .... she was so excited! Last year, she wouldn't even get close to him :).
That afternoon it snowed - a bunch. The city pretty much shut down, but I was able to get around in my little Subi and we went over to Q's house for some sledding. This little one has no fear and wanted to ride with the big kids!
We had so much fun, I made Brandon go out and get her a sled, and we hit up the park after work one evening (the snow wasn't much, and little did I know that we'd have more opportunities this winter). The first one is the first time down the hill - by herself (what she wanted). I can't believe I let her do that by herself.
My birthday fell in there somewhere:
A visit to Santa! We hit up the Winter Wonderland at Macy's Downtown because we hear it was the last year. It was meh. A little stuff to look at, but we like Santa at Lloyd better.
We - like insane people - decided to host a toddler Christmas party, to which over 14 kiddos came! It was mayhem!!! But fun. Here are the last 3 hold-outs. Sammy, M & Quinn.
Christmas Eve at Grandpa Whiskers and Grandma Nancy's:
With Uncle Turner and Aunt Chelsea, and the Sven doll they got her :) (and in her new Anna dress - Christmas is coming up Frozen!)
Her Christmas Eve present at home that night (thanks GoMa):
Christmas Day. Guess we didn't get that many pictures. Rocket ship (Santa) and doctor's set (Buckleys) were the big hits. We probably need to visit Santa earlier next year to give him time to fulfill her order (but thank goodness for Amazon Prime!)
This is in the next classroom at school. She gets to play in there at the end of the day and can't wait to move up.
Some fun at the Ragaways. This may have been a weekday .... I ran into a "use or lose" situation at my work with vacation hours and ended up with the week after Christmas basically off!
B got M "Where the Wild Things Are" movie for Christmas. We didn't realize it was probably for older - like a lot older - kids. Morgan loved it though. Here she is in her costume sailing the sea in her boat, just like Max in his wolf suit. She also - unfortunately - picked up tantrums and making a mess when she's mad from the movie. "Like Max". Oops.
I picked up some skis for cheap and took a day off to take Morgan up for a nice day. First time 12/30/17 ..... 2 1/2 years old! (well, almost 2 3/4).
She was initially excited to ski, but then just wanted to play in the snow. I got her on the skis for 15, maybe 20, minutes.
And she did great! But it was maybe not the best beginner hill, and it was hard to do by myself, especially while filming ;).
She even wanted to 'do it again'!
I had to bribe her with hot cocoa to start tho, and had to live up to my promise! Fun mom and Morgan day!
New Year's Eve at the Kennedys with the Andersons too. Morgan had to put her "party dress" on.
We didn't make it 'till midnight, but it was late for a lil' girl.


No comments:
Post a Comment